Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Until I Die- Amy Plum

1



Pages: 357
Published: May 8th 2012 by HarperCollins Publishers
Genre: Y.A/ Paranormal Romance
Format: Paperback
Acquired: My own collection
Date Finished: 26th September 2012

Synopsis
Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.

Thoughts/ Review
I’m a little rusty on the reviewing but we’ll get there.

As you all know I adored Die for Me, it was one of the best books I have read, period. So it is no surprise that I loved Until I Die, if not a little more than the first novel. While a little slower than Die for me and predictable in some places my enjoyment of this novel was never tarnished as I continue to devour these books like crack.

For me the main parts of the novel that stood out to me prominently were firstly the mystery behind Vincent and Kate’s individual searches for a cure. To me that secret lingered thick like fog and consumed me.  My heart went out to the both of them fully and with every step closer they made, my insides were being pummeled into the ground while I read on. Theirs is a truly believable and fantastically written romance, that even when the book slowed down as did the characters; my heart was constantly beating faster for them.

Secondly I am always amazed by the way Amy sketches her characters, like an artist painting a little bit at a time, so that we never get to see to see the full picture and I am constantly enjoying the experience of extracting these intricacies along the way. Take Arthur and Violet for example, who we meet at the beginning who are two new members of the kindred. But it’s not just the new characters that keep me entertained it’s the family, the kindred I have grown to love just as much as Kate has that surprise me at every turn and make me fall that much harder.

Thirdly I enjoy Amy’s sense of humor, or should I really say her character’s sense of humor; Especially Georgia, who is one of my favorite characters. Her sass and positivity brings a whole different aspect to the book and I am continuously humored by the banter Kate and Vincent share throughout the series so far.
Lastly I am fascinated with the concept that these Revenants [both good and bad] co-exist with humans and what that means for both parties involved as you as a reader will learn more about if you choose to continue reading the series after Die for Me.

In truth there is a lot to the story that I would spoil if I continued to praise it, for those who have read it and loved it I sure would love to hear your thoughts and for those who haven’t picked up Die for Me, or who are continuing the series I certainly urge you forward. It’s hard to find a book amidst the onslaught of fiction that saturates both the community and the industry that really stands out to me and takes hold of me in this way so I am forever blessed to find an author who I really just love to bits and hope to continue to with the next book in the series and with anything else she writers in the future.

Kudos Amy, your fan Blair.

I am giving this:
★★★★.5
Cheek Kisses

1 comment:

  1. I would have tweeted but there is no link.

    Glad to know another awesome book has floated to the top just in time for me to grab it. :-)

    ReplyDelete