Thursday, January 6, 2011

Articoke's Heart- Suzanne Supplee

0


Pages: 276

Published: 2008

Date Finished: 5th December 2011

Rating: 5


Easily one of my favorite books in a long time, Artichoke heart shares Rosemary’s journey through friendship, hardship, determination and love.

I knew the characters story well and her desires and questions reflected much of what I went through during my young adult years. Reading about a big, beautiful character like Rosemary was refreshing; sharing her progress throughout the novel was provoking and inspirational.

I liked how Suzanne handled the mother/daughter relationship and in the end I found myself tearing up. The way she approached her mother’s illness and the miscommunication between herself and her family’s friends was enduring. Serious issues were touched with a lighter tone that made the story believable, the characters relatable and the novel a delicious read. I felt a sense of peace at the end and was even inspired to work more on my own self-confidence.

Suzanne’s style took some getting used to, but was easily overcome as I lost track of time reading and was lost in the brilliance of Artichoke Heart. If you are looking for a thought provoking, humorous, heart-warming read then this novel is for you.

Suzanne sends a positive message to younger girls, women and even adults that you can and will be loved for who you are inside and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t deserve your energy or the pleasure of being around you. I also love the ‘never judge a book by its cover’ affirmation that becomes a mantra sub-consciously to Rosemary as progression in all areas of her life spark a happiness that I believe can be found solely in the heart.

I highly recommend this book to lovers of Y.A Chick-lit & those who desire a little extra muffin with their hot chocolate. Definitely a guilty pleasure read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment