Friday, December 31, 2010

Welcome 2011- A Year of Bookish Delight

4


Ah... my sense of Humor is engaging

With the new year started, I thought to make a short post about my plans on reading and how I hope to make it to the overall goal of all the challenges I am participating in: to read 50 books in 2011.


While I have decided to read at least one book each week, I thought I might give myself a little inner challenge as well. I don't know how it will turn out, and I am sure that some days are going to be harder than others, but I won't put myself down if I end up a little of track [Which I am confident I won't let myself fall]


What? You say? What is this mad, loon, bookish freak thinking of trying to do?


Something probably most book lovers can achieve, but I haven't been able to do since high school.


I am going to try and read a book a day- If not a book in two days.


Yes that's right. It means I really have to sit there for more than 10 minutes without wondering if the cats are fed, if the ceiling is dusty or whether the dishes in the sink have grown mould in the past 20 minutes since dinner and started an eco system of their own. [I am so OCD about everything around me – I don't make time for myself]


2011 Will be different & it starts with little goals. Achievable I know, if I let myself relax and enjoy life. Because reading is my passion. So cheer me on.


Here I go...

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals for 2011... I am the same, whenever I am sitting reading I always think of other things I should be doing... p.s. absolutely love the quote at the top.. I am going to use it as my catchphrase of the day!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great challenge, and more than just a reading one... Hurrah for Me Time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually I don't learn article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to try and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, very great post.

    Feel free to surf to my web page: best weightloss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know whether it's just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering issues with your blog. It seems like some of the text on your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This might be a problem with my web browser because I've had this happen before.
    Thank you

    My website :: rheumatoid arthritis facts

    ReplyDelete