Sunday, February 1, 2015

February Picks 2015

0



Hello Lovely Readers, it is that time again where I let you know what books I have picked out for the month of FEBRUARY. 

Be sure to check out the theme of the month which is: Ancient Adventures and join by recommending more reads to me.

Alongside that, join in with me reading the Bookish Monthly Pick which is Witchcraft by Katie M John. 


Girl Interrupted

68783



One of my favorite movies growing up was Girl Interrupted. I have been meaning to read this one for years. I borrowed my sister’s copy with no time limit, and I feel that February would be a great month to get to it. I have no expectations, and it is a short read.


 2294528

    Howls Moving Castle



I adore the movie, both in the English translations and in the Japanese with the subtitles. My partner being a Ghibli fan showed this to me many years ago. I love everything about this movie. It gives me all the ‘feels’, and this is another book I have been wanting to purchase myself that my sister has let me borrow. It seems fitting for my theme of Ancient Adventures. 


1961495

     The Ancient Future

Ever since my partner and I met he has been putting this book under my nose and adding it to my collection to read. He has read me the first few chapters many times and I do love the concept and the story of what he has read, I am excited to sit down this month and explore the world of Traci Harding that has inspired my partner and his perspective. 

275000

       Warriors Fire and Ice

I am reading this one for the challenge for the Pop Sugar Reading list – A book with non-human characters. What better way to spend February continuing this fantastic series about Warrior Cats. I loved the first one, and am excited to get to the second one.

6581334

13 Treasures


This will cover another challenge – A book with numbers in the title, as well as my aversion to Fey stories and lore. I have heard only good reviews about this book over the years, and the premise catches my attention. Alongside Fire and Ice, this Middle Grade novel will be a nice addition to spice things up a little and take me on an adventure.

15733346

    Is it Just me?


I started this one last year and school took over. Let’s be honest here I let it. This will cross of – A book that is Funny, as Miranda Hart is one of my favorite British comedians and her style and manner is close to mine. I can see myself having many laughs during the week when I read this.



17675031

  This Star Won’t go out


The story that inspired John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars has inspired me to pick this one up in February. I have been meaning to get to it, and I am looking forward to experiencing it for myself. I know I can anticipate an emotional roller coaster, I am ready for it and this is a definite read in February.

23509080

     Witchcraft – Katie M John


I received a copy of Witchcraft by Katie M John in return for an honest review, and hope to have her over on the blog during the month. I love Witches and supporting Indie authors. This is my Bookish Monthly Pick for February. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment