Friday, December 14, 2012

Welcome Caller, This is Chloe - Shelley Coriell

0




 Pages: 299
Published: May 1st 2012 by Amulet Books
Genre: Contemporary/ Y.A
Format: Kindle Ebook
Acquired: Net Galley Copy
Date Finished: 9th December 2012

Synopsis
Big-hearted Chloe Camden is the queen of her universe until her best friend shreds her reputation and her school counselor axes her junior independent study project. Chloe is forced to take on a meaningful project in order to pass, and so she joins her school’s struggling radio station, where the other students don’t find her too queenly. Ostracized by her former BFs and struggling with her beloved Grams’s mental deterioration, lonely Chloe ends up hosting a call-in show that gets the station much-needed publicity and, in the end, trouble. She also befriends radio techie and loner Duncan Moore, a quiet soul with a romantic heart. On and off the air, Chloe faces her loneliness and helps others find the fun and joy in everyday life. Readers will fall in love with Chloe as she falls in love with the radio station and the misfits who call it home.

My Thoughts of Welcome caller, this is Chloe

I started Welcome Caller back in May and I continued to read it in bits and pieces throughout the year, finishing it early in December. It was not a bad book by any means, in fact I felt the author tackled some tough topics in a fantastic way and this was a great coming of age story to me, and coming into character story as well. The thing that stood out the most to be about this book was that the situations were so relatable and that the characters were well developed, from Chloe’s shoe addiction to the cute heart sewn on to Duncan’s knitted scarves.  Each character had their own little quirk and a range of flaws that were endearing as a reader.

There were times when I did find Chloe a bit frustrating considering she could be self- absorbed, but the entire journey that she goes through is one of self realization and learning to listen and to appreciate everybody for their best and their worst qualities and to find a place where she fits in, both romantically, somewhat spiritually and with her large and tense family.

There were moments in this book that I had a little teary moment. Where I laughed out loud in the middle of the night and where I sat on the bus not wanting to go to school or do anything because I was enjoying the book. The concept of a community school radio station has always fascinated me and I felt right at home with all the odd balls that I fell in love with and who felt like family to me as well.

If you are looking for a down to earth, honest and relatable read with humor, pain and happy, raw and real situations and emotions then check out this book. It is fantastic and definitely one I think for the younger teenage audience to appreciate. Let me know what you thought of it if you have read it, or if you haven’t check it out and send me a message. Overall I enjoyed this book greatly.

I am giving this one:
★★★★
Hot Salsa Burrito’s

0 comments:

Post a Comment