Friday, January 6, 2012

Weekend Reading Meme's - Week One January

0


Across the Universe – Beth Revis

Synopsis

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

This book has been on my shelf for a very long time and despite my want to read it when I first got it it kepy being pushed down the pile. When organizing the books I was going to read for my TBR Shelf challenge I picked this one up because as I have it set out I am reading the books as their second or third are coming out. I also cannot wait to see what I have missed.









Catch Up Saturday:

This Saturday I am planning on getting back into reading Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani even if I only spend an hour or two on it. It’s not a bad book by any means, it’s actually really fantastic when I get into it, but it’s also really dense and it takes me longer to do both.

I will also be aiming to read a little bit more of Freedom from Toxic Relationships since that needs to go back to the library soon and even though I have a review on my blog my thoughts are pretty well set in stone about it. Check it out.

Finally my main aim for Saturday is to finish the book I am currently reading which is, The Statistical probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. This book is a contemporary 2012 release and is part of the Contemporary challenge I am participating in.

I also would not mind getting up to date with the online ebook I am reading by Beth Fantaskey which is book 1.5 - The Wedding of Antanasia Jessica

Packwood and Lucius Valeriu Vladescu.

Start Something Sunday:

It has been a long week, but a great week and if everything runs smoothly I plan on starting two books on Sunday. The first being Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and the second is Loving Richard Feynman by Penny Tangey, which is a library book that Is also due and will cover a great number of my challenges.

0 comments:

Post a Comment