Friday, September 23, 2011

Challenges 2011 - Progress so far - 50 Book Challenge Complete

0







Here were the challenges I chose to participate in during 2011, you can find the links to them on the right hand down bar on my blog.

Off the shelf – 20

Y.A- 20

Horror/Urban Fantasy – 24

Buy one book, Read It – 12

This shows my progress so far upon completing 50 book challenge: [Challenges and other]

· 18 Buy and read it

· 26 -Young Adult novel

· 6 -Chick-lit and 1 adult [erotic] novel

· 17 -non-fiction

· 12 -Urban Fantasy

· 12 -Library

· 9 – Off the shelf [Books purchased pre 2011]

I have just started a mini self-motivated challenge to read a further 20 books this year. I call it the extra [laughs] book challenge. Whether I make it or not, I am not going to stress because this is a little fun. Already I have read two books – Fateful and Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

So judging by my challenge list I have completed two. I doubt I will need to read 12 books from my shelf to complete the ‘off the shelf challenge’ to complete it and a further 12 books to complete the horror/urban fantasy challenge. At first I thought this would hurt my brain trying to figure out which books I have brought this year and which ones I did last year and what I could combine instead of reading 24 books in total. Then I realised I could read some of my Christine Feehan, J.R.Ward, Laurell k Hamilton and various other books in the Urban fantasy genre to catch up. It sounds like a brilliant idea, whether I can pull it off or not is another question.

Not to mention as you can see I am slim on my chick-lit challenge for 2011, so I need to read 6 more chick-lit books. I have really only added adult books but apparently you can add young adult chick-lit as well to the challenge, so we’ll see. I know I have read some, but I would love to tackle some of my shelf and maybe even if I can remember which ones I got last year I could add those to the ‘off the shelf challenge’

So many books, less than three months to read them. I am also meant to be on health leave and was told to rest and not over stress myself because it would make my health worse so I decided that my plan is this.

3 Chick-lit books

6 – Horror/Urban Fantasy

6- Off the shelf

Anymore and I’m the boss, any less than I am trolling it [laughs]. The aim is no stress and relaxation and remembering to pat myself on the back because I have read 12 more books than I did last year and that is an effort in itself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment