Monday, May 30, 2011

Misguided Angel - Melissa De La Cruz # 5 - Blue Blood Series

1

Pages: 365

Published: October, 2010- Atom

Date Finished: 30th May 2011

Rating: 5 stars [ LOVED IT]

Book: # 5 in the Blue Bloods Series

After inheriting the dark Van Alen Legacy, Schuyler fled to Florence--with her forbidden love, Jack. Now the two of them must embark on the mission Schuyler was destined to complete: to find and protect the seven gates that guard earth from Lucifer, lord of the Silverbloods.

As the Blue Blood enclave weakens yet further, fate leads Schuyler closer to a terrifying crossroads--and a choice that will determine the destiny of all vampires – Good Reads Synopsis

Review:

Sticking with the series was one of my finer moments, and I can’t believe I even contemplated leaving it at the Van Alen Legacy. Who am I kidding? Leave the series at such a critical and provoking point- I couldn’t control myself. I had to know, needed to know and push past my usual reading habits to stay in the world of the Blue Bloods and continue the journey deeper into the secrets and war forging characters together and apart to create another stunning novel from Melissa De La Cruz.

She has outdone herself with an novel that not only pivots what it means to truly love and to sacrifice everything for it against friendship and community, including the world Melissa has created. But one that truly surprised me, scared me and made me question what it means to go to great lengths to not only save yourself, but those who depend on you. With so many twists in the plot and insights deeper into many of the ongoing subplots of the series I hardly wanted to put it down and often fooled myself into knowing what would happen next, only to be smacked in the face- pleasantly; shocked and surprised with the turning of events.

Oh, and don’t get me started on the characters, shall I go into great detail. I swear I could but for the sake of spoilers let me tell you I was taken into the lives not only of the familiar, but the brilliant and provoking new cast that enters the scene in misguided angel. Especially Deming Chen and I loved it…oh addiction is so sweet, but with such a diverse cast, ever growing and forming to change my options [in good ways] I am more delighted than ever to see character progression after the last two books in the series.

Without saying to much more about the book, I will say this, I totally recommend it if you have enjoyed the series so far or have been chugging along through the previous books because it does get better and when it does. You better tape your socks down, cause Misguided Angel blow your socks right off [oh god I did not just say that]

1 comment:

  1. Great review!
    I can't wait to read this one, too.
    I've absolutely adored every book so far- it's one of my favorite series. :)

    Pixie

    ReplyDelete