Friday, February 11, 2011

How To Get Ideas- Jack Foster & Larry Corby [Illustrations]

0

Pages: 208

Published: 1996

Date Finished: 12th February 2011

Rating: 4.5 Stars

*

Where do ideas come from anyway?

Why do some people get so many of them?

Is there some secret technique to getting them?

In How To Get Ideas, Jack Foster tackles these questions and so many more to help you discover that you can find ideas starting today.

*

Review:

I didn’t agree with some of the topics Jack pressed in the beginning of the book and his idea that self-image was the defining ideal way to accomplish the search and produce of ideas. I am however, still a firm believer in the power of persistence, determination and will [ a topic Jack approaches near the end of the book.]

His methods reminds me of Rhonda Byrnes [The Secret] guide to thinking and seeing the universe visually and creating something by using the power of constant visualization and imagery.

Jack explains exercises, facts and the many ways of thinking [opinions and choices and what if possibilities] in a way that is both challenging in theory and rewarding in practice. The Language, vocabulary, quotes and ideas were valuable input and I found myself laughing at some of the stories shared.

I learned, and took something from every chapter. I was able to change my mindset on ideas and my creative mid-way through the book and for a book to affect me that much. For such a short book, I gained more information and knowledge than I have in the past three years of grappling for anything. Jack has helped me beat my procrastination mode and opened my mind.

I would recommend ‘How To Get Ideas’ to everyone- regardless. There are no limits to readership. Everyone should pick it up, borrow it, buy it and read it. There is so much to take from it. Every paragraph offers a new insight and the topics will be valid for many years to come. Ideas- a subject that is hundreds of years old and will never become out-dated. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain by this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment