Thursday, January 13, 2011

Booking Through Thursday [2]

0


This week’s Booking Through Thursday question (suggested by Joy) asks…

Do you remember the first book you bought for yourself? Or the first book you checked out of the library? What was it and why did you choose it?

I don’t remember a lot of my childhood or teen years, due to traumatic experiences and suppression to deal with a lot that happened and that disappoints me a lot when I think about it. I do remember buying a few books for myself when I was in primary school, but in in high school I tended to borrow books from my local and school library.

There was a few books in my memory. Disney novels & Margaret Clark novels. Then I remember as I got older and started exploring my sexuality that I borrowed a few books out on transgender and lesbians issues- both fiction and non-fiction. One of my favorite books was Rainbow High by Alex Sanchez [ It was about Gay young Adults] I would love to read those books again.

But the first books I can remember buying with my own money was a few Dark Series novels by Christine Feehan and Black Dagger Brotherhood novels by J.R. Ward. Those were adult novels and as I was beginning to want more intensity in my reading. We also had hardly any books in the house and I was tired of the slim picking in the library.

0 comments:

Post a Comment