Monday, March 5, 2012

Twilight - The Graphic Novel - Volume # 1

0


Pages: 224

Author: Stephenie Meyer - Adaptation : Young Kim

Published: March 16th 2010 by Yen Press

Format: Hardback

Genre: Y.A/ Graphic Novel

Date Finished: 5th March 2012

Acquired: Local library Loan

Synopsis:

When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret...


Thoughts:

I loved Twilight the book and the movie. It was not my favorite or the best book in my collection, but it was my gateway book and for that I will be respectful. However did I enjoy the Twilight Graphic novel? No, I did not and I won’t spend too much time telling you why. However here are the important things for me that stood out.

I liked the artwork, it was stunning I really enjoyed every minute of it, but for me personally did it depict the characters as they were in my mind? No. I love the initial story of Twilight, but for me the adaptation was all over the place and untrue to the characters in some respects. It all happened to fast and bits and pieces of the story were cut and pasted into other scenes to save time, so the story did not have a great flow and it honestly made the reading experience stilted.

With that being said I didn’t totally hate the experience and as stated it is to the vision of Stephanie Meyer so in her mind and creation these are her characters. In mine, and the portrayal of the series so far including the movie adaptations I couldn’t make the connection and I didn’t enjoy it. If you are a fan however by all means check it out and if you have let me know what you thought of it.

★★

0 comments:

Post a Comment