Monday, January 2, 2012

The Caldecott Chronicles No.1 (The Caldecott Chronicles #1) – R.G Bullet

0




Pages: 120

Published: Published November 10th 2011 by SilverHouse Books, Incorporated

Genre: Y.A/ Fiction

Date Finished: 2nd January 2012

Rating/ Recommendation: 4 Stars ****

Synopsis:

Although the word zombie is never used in the Caldecott Chronicles the undead, the ungodly, the beef squad, and stumblers certainly are. The bizarre and gruesome details are narrated in a journal by a very Aristocratic British gent. Get a first hand look on how the Victorian upper class deal with stumbling trespassers and see how one draws ones inspiration from a teenage girl born to kill.

Review:

Kick starting the year with something a little different for a change I decided to read The Caldecott Chronicles No.1 The author himself approached me and was kind enough to send me a free ebook copy. I must admit I was hesitant to read it, and to be honest my idea of the undead is haunted by a certain Avenged Sevenfold song, but I am really glad I branched out and was given the opportunity to read this.

This book was hilarious and just my kind of humor. The main character, Number Thirty Two was likable and sarcastic and a little full of himself, but he showed compassion and he had his rewarding features as well as his flaws. I enjoyed reading about the relationship [platonic] that develops and how they work together to survive the undead. Saffy was simply a strong character.

My only hindrance with this novel was that I wanted more meat to it, but that was not necessarily a bad thing, especially since it was a perfect read in the horrid summer heat. It’s not intense, but it is dark and a fantastic introduction to R.G Bullets writing.

I really liked the illustrations in this book; they were really disturbing in a good way. They left me feeling ill with shivers down my spine.

I loved the way that this novel was formatted. It made the reading experience refreshing and I was surprised by how fast I was reading. If you are looking for a fun, easy read that packs a lot of dry humor than this book is perfect for you. It read so quickly and I really enjoyed the reading experience and I cannot wait to read more of R.G Bullet’s work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment