Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

0




Pages: 366

Published: July 10th 2004 by Bloomsbury Publishing (1998)

Format: Paperback

Genre: Fantasy/ Y.A

Date Finished: 27th February 2012

Synopsis:

Harry can't wait for his holidays with the dire Dursleys to end. But a small, self-punishing house-elf warns Harry of mortal danger awaiting him at Hogwarts School. Returning to the castle nevertheless, Harry hears a rumor about a chamber of secrets, holding unknown horrors for wizards of Muggle parentage. Now someone is casting spells that paralyze people, making them seem dead, and a terrible warning is found painted on the wall. The chief suspect - and always in the wrong place - is Harry. But something much darker has yet to be unleashed


Review/ Thoughts:

Flying cars, whopping willows, house elf’s, potions, ghosts, death and a the return of Voldemort what’s not to love about the second novel in the wonderful and famous Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I remember carrying this book around [not the one I own now] with me everywhere and reading it till the point my mother had to double contact it so the cover wouldn’t fall to pieces. Then I lost it at school and it felt like death to me.

Now re-reading the series I could not wait to pick up one of my favorites, if not my favorite of the whole series. I still laugh and cry every time I read this book, especially during the end and Dobby is one of my favorite characters. Every time I read this book I am amazed at the strength in Rowling’s writing that I was able to maintain that same enjoyment that I experienced during the first book and I expect the following books in this series. If you haven’t already it is a no brainer to go pick it up and give it a try.

★★★★★

Good Reads Link

Buy Via Amazon

0 comments:

Post a Comment