Saturday, January 14, 2012

Harrry Potter & The Philospher's Stone - J.K. Rowling

0


Pages: 332

Published: (first published June 30th 1997)

Genre: Y.A/ Middle Grade [?] Fiction

Date Finished: 15th January 2012


Synopsis:

When a letter arrives for unhappy but ordinary Harry Potter, a decade-old secret is revealed to him. His parents were wizards, killed by a Dark Lord's curse when Harry was just a baby, and which he somehow survived. Escaping from his unbearable Muggle guardians to Hogwarts, a wizarding school brimming with ghosts and enchantments, Harry stumbles into a sinister adventure when he finds a three-headed dog guarding a room on the third floor. Then he hears of a missing stone with astonishing powers which could be valuable, dangerous, or both.

Thoughts:

I remember the first experience I had of Harry Potter. I believe it was around the time that the first movie came out and after watching it I went out and brought the first two books in the series. It didn’t take me long to fall in love with J.K Rowling’s writing, like millions before me and to this day, and I wish I still had my well worn copy that I took everywhere with me and read over and over again, never tiring of the world.

Eight years later and I picked this up and I got to tell you apart from the trip down memory lane and into my childhood it feels like I am reading it all over again and falling in love, even more so if possible than I was when I was a pre-teen.

This book has always been one of my favorite of the series. Like most firsts, it’s one of those loves that you just don’t forget. Obviously it is going to be hard to review a series like this that doesn’t need recommending, but I am going to try gather my thoughts briefly and then do an overall review of the series as a whole. For now you can expect just star ratings of each book.

I would love to hear your thoughts about your experience as well.

★★★★★

0 comments:

Post a Comment