Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Health, Food & Spirituality Month

0



Leaving the doctor’s office with a prescription for antidepressants and the knowledge I had put on a further 15 kilos since mid-last year I felt pretty depleted of energy and I wanted to crawl up into a ball and sleep for the rest of the year. My reading hasn’t been to crash hot since February. Life always gets in the way and I have been hard pressed to be inspired to even open a cover – opting for more pastries and t.v time when what I really need is a boost of confidence and a fresh strawberry smoothy.


I decided the last week of February that I was going to participate in the Food & Wine reading challenge for Australian readers. Where you read a book with food in the title [Eat, Pray, Love] a book on health and wellbeing [ Low GI] and a recipe book or magazine [ Good Foods.] However I also decided to kill three birds with the left over pastry and add on another separate, yet intercepting challenge to read any books about health, food and spiritual practices or inspiration to both motivate me to get healthy inside and out and to make me feel great about marking of books in my 50 Book Challenge [after all it’s not all about novels]

You are more than welcome to join me in this challenge and if you do so, spread the word. I will be recommending books mostly aimed at women, but will also check out a few to do with men as well and review them for those book lovers of the opposite sex.


I would love to hear about your progress and while this post is probably better suited to my other blog: http://thegreatpassionsoflife.blogspot.com

It is ideally a book challenge to promote better living and I urge anyone who wants to challenge themselves and be supported to give it a go – even if you read one book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment